Friday, November 26, 2010

What I am Thankful For

Yesterday was my favorite day of the year. Thanksgiving. What I love about this holiday is that there is no pressure for gifts or mad rushes to the mall- simply a day spent with family and friends enjoying time together and of course lots of delicious food. In terms of my diabetes- I simply indulge- not worrying too much about how many carbs or sweets I am eating and just take A LOT and I mean A LOT of insulin.

Although I am a day late, I wanted to write about some of the things I am thankful for this year. There is so so much to be thankful for, so this list will in no way even come close to covering it all- but here are a few...

I am thankful for being able to spend time on Thanksgiving with both my family and my boyfriend's family. I am grateful both our families are in the area so we can spend time with both of them without too much craziness. Two wonderful families, two delicious meals, and two opportunities to spend time with our relatives and loved ones.

I am thankful for my sister who continues to amaze me everyday for her ability to manage her job, take care of her home and family, and raise two wonderful children. I look up to her and her ability to manage it so well and with such grace and love.  I am thankful that over the years my sister and I have grown closer than ever and we have been able to be there for each other through all the ups and downs. She is not only my sister but also one of my dearest closest friends.

I am thankful for friends- both old and new and love that Thanksgiving gives me an opportunity to spend time with some friends who are back in the area for the holiday. Keeping up friendships as well as making new ones is so very important to me and I am thankful for all of the wonderful friendships in my life.

Some of my favorite girls....


I am thankful for my niece and nephew who I love and cherish more than I ever thought possible. Of course I knew I would absolutely adore them, but they happiness they bring me and the love I feel for them is beyond what I ever imagined. Nothing makes me happier than hearing from my nephew..."Aunt Heidi...Wanna plaaaaay??"

I am thankful for my mom who is one of the most selfless and loving people that I know. I aspire to live my life as she does- always loving generously and giving so much to others.

I am thankful for being blessed with a job that challenges and teaches me and provides me with the ability to take care of myself, my diabetes, and my home- without lots of worry. (oh and it provides me with good health insurance too.)

Lastly I am thankful for my wonderful boyfriend who is truly my best friend. He inspires me, teaches me, and makes me laugh everyday and I feel so lucky to have him in my life.  Plus..he puts up with my craziness and my diabetes- what can else can a girl ask for?!? :)

1 comment:

  1. so nice! I am thankful that you are so thankful. It was fun sitting beside you at dinner yesterday. I enjoyed your sighs of contentment as we enjoyed all the delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete